Sunday, December 5, 2010

Child You're Forgiven and Loved

          Earlier this week as I came before God, asking for his forgiveness for not spending as much time with him as I should, I was filled with remorse and just felt terrible about not making time in my schedule for what I know should be my top priority...then the this line in the song came...
    "I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way that you love me."
          God. He loves me and is simply excited for me to be coming to him now! We spend way to much time reflecting back on to all the things we could have done better, when really there's no need; we're already forgiven! When God forgives, he forgets (something we should learn to do). I thank God for loving me when I so, so don't deserve his love. That is why he is so great....he's so full of love, it BLOWS MY MIND. No matter how much crap I deal to him, he still loves me and still desires to just be in an intimate relationship with me. Nothing can ever separate me from Gods love!! 
          Romans 8:38-39 "I am my beloveds and he is mine". I belong with you Jesus! I belong in your arms. 

Another song I love, by Jimmy Needham...check out these lyrics. So much truth in this. There is no condemnation in Christ. 

Lyrics to Forgiven & Loved :
Tell me I’m forgiven and loved 
‘Cause I hear it from the street corner priests 
On how God is love and how man can be clean 
But my joy has been on holiday 
And my peace has almost passed away 
Tell me I’m forgiven and free 

CHORUS
O I tried and tried to rectify my hopeless situation 
But I bought the lie I still have work to do 
Now I’m working nine to five like I can earn my own salvation 
But there is no condemnation in You 

O whisper to me now that it’s for real 
‘Cause in the silence of these walls righteousness lost its appeal 
Dirty deeds have done me in 
O but that can’t stop the faithful friend 
Giving mercy once again as You heal 
Here it is I’m feeling it 

(Chorus) 

O He died, He died to rectify my hopeless situation 
And His blood commands my guilt to leave 
Now on Calvary I stand 
Empty pockets, open hands 
O there is no condemnation for me

(Chorus)

Child, you’re forgiven and loved
Child, you’re forgiven and loved
Child, you’re forgiven
And child, you are loved
Child, you’re forgiven and loved 


No comments:

Post a Comment